Golden Creek Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In The Paws Of Fate ~ Moontail's Story | Last chapter up |

4 posters

Go down

In The Paws Of Fate ~ Moontail's Story | Last chapter up | Empty In The Paws Of Fate ~ Moontail's Story | Last chapter up |

Post  Sakura Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:49 am

This is a story based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter, only wolf-style. It is about my wolf, Moonstar. I have put it on the WQ site, but it can't be about Warriors.

Prologue Morninglight's POV

At the time, I didn't know where Shadowpack held their meetings. You see, I'm Windpack's Medicine Wolf. I'm supposed to have dreams, dreams from Starpack. The problem is: I don't. Unless I go to MoonTree, that is. MoonTree is a very special tree (In Shadowpack territory!) that I go to when I need a solution. It goes like this: I go to MoonTree. Starpack helps me. I come back the hero. That's why I'm going to MoonTree right now. So I go south, towards the dried-up river that marks Riverpack's border. When I saw the dried-up river, I took a left, towards the forest that's Shadowpack territory. Then I ran between all the trees, taking the way I always take. As soon as I can scent MoonTree, I slow down to a trot. Before I can even see MoonTree, the reek of Shadowpack overwhelms me. I stopped dead in my tracks and, ears perked forwards, I listened. My heart skipped a beat as the wolves came closer.
"Do you think that, even for a second, that I would even think about letting every loner or rogue we come across into Shadowpack?" A commanding male voice didn't even pause for an answer.
"No. And don't even bother Brokenstar with this. He is too busy to be bothered with this." The voice went on.
By now I could see them. One was a big dark brown striped male with amber eyes.
I noticed one of his ears is split in a deep V shape near the top and a scar on the bridge of his nose.
With him was a sleek dark gray and black striped male with amber eyes.
Tigerclaw stopped right in front of me. "Darkstripe, do you scent anything?"
"No, Tigerclaw. Nothing."
"Okay. Go on without me. I'll catch up."
Darkstripe trotted forward until I couldn't see him anymore. I didn't dare move, since Tigerclaw, I think it was, was standing straight ahead.
"Morninglight, was it? You can come out now." Tigerclaw was staring right at me.
I was shocked he know I was here, even more shocked he knew my name.
"I can recognize your scent anywhere, so just come out, will you?" He continued.
By that point, I know I had nothing to lose, so I cautiously walked forward. I had always thought Tigerclaw was from Thunderpack. But why was he with Shadowpack then? I was about to ask him that when he suddenly said, "Hurry, run before they see you!"
I obediently obeyed and ran as fast as I could.
"Meet me by the border--" I ran so fast that I didn't hear the rest of his sentence. Something told me he was about to say 'Twilight', so I guess that's when I'll come...

---------
Auther's Note: Since on WQ I already put the first chapter up, I'll continue and put the first chapter.
---------

Chapter One: Moonpup Moonpup's POV

I can't see, but I can faintly smell my way into the warmth of my siblings. I feel my way around the nursery and squeal when I bump into something.
"You look like a Tigerpup." Father's faint scent drifted around me.
"She shouldn't be named after you, Tigerclaw. She is more dark than light." Mother's sharp reply echoed of the walls of the nursery.
Father snapped, "I'll call my pup anything I please." With that, Father's faint scent drifted away until his scent was stale.
"It's okay, little one." Mother cooed. "I'll call you.... Moonpup."

And that's how I got my name.

Six Moons (Months) Later

My ice blue eyes gazed around the nursery. My fur was still black, but I had a white spot on my forehead. I was so sad when Brokenstar died, but Father didn't look so sad. I actually thought he looked.... happy. So now Father was Tigerstar, the leader of Shadowpack. I couldn't wait until Father made me an apprentice. But it had to wait until tomorrow. Tonight's a full moon, which is when all four packs have a Gathering. Father is already busy and told me not to talk to him until tomorrow. Even though Mother told me she couldn't see me become an apprentice, she said she would visit us when she could. I decided to take a nap in my special corner, maybe for the last time...

--

A paw was poking my stomach. Darkpup's scent drifted around me. I opened my eyes a little. "Darkpup, you know I don't like to be woken up." I growled. I usually stay up late, and as a result I sleep in. My sister Sunpup, on the other hand, woke up super-early. "Fathers calling a Clan meeting." He snapped. "You don't have to be so grumpy about it." Darkpup stalked out to the clearing.
"I'll be there in a second." I murmured. I felt a little guilty about snapping at Darkpup. He can't help the fact he thinks he's better than Sunpup and I. I'll think about it later. I have better things to do. I thought. I yawned as I stood up and started to stretch. Then I trotted out of the nursery to join Sunpup. I assumed she was already up because it was already sun-high.
"Let all wolves old enough to catch their own prey gather around Highrock for a pack meeting!" Father yowled.
I ran to Sunpup as all the wolves walked out to the clearing.
"We will have three new apprentices today." Father said as he looked at Darkpup, Sunpup and I.
"Go on." Dawncloud, one of the queens that helped take care of me and my siblings, murmured as she nudged me with her nose. I walked forward until I was right in front of Father.
"Moonpup, from this moment on, you will be known as Moonpaw. Nightwing, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You will be mentor to Moonpaw. Nightwing, you have shown yourself to be a brave warrior. Do all that you can to pass on what you know down to Moonpaw." Tigerstar said.
I turned around and was face to face with Nightwing. I touched noses with her and followed her as she went back to her spot. Sunpup was next, so she took a few steps foward...

And that's all I remember about my puphood.

------
The rest of the chapters all take place from Moonpaw's POV unless otherwise stated. Hope you like it!

Thank you Sparrow for letting me post this on here.

Last edited by Awsm Sunclaw on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:03 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : new name| LAST CHAPTER GUYS!|)
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

http://realmofhope.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

In The Paws Of Fate ~ Moontail's Story | Last chapter up | Empty Re: In The Paws Of Fate ~ Moontail's Story | Last chapter up |

Post  Sparrow Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:25 am

Wowzers! This is good!

Great job Sunclaw!

he.. he..
Sparrow
Sparrow
Admin

http://midnight-freedom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

In The Paws Of Fate ~ Moontail's Story | Last chapter up | Empty Re: In The Paws Of Fate ~ Moontail's Story | Last chapter up |

Post  Ralf Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:14 am

nice work Sunclaw Smile
Ralf
Ralf
Pup

http://dogsgonewild.forumotions.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:38 pm

Author's note: Okay I (FINALLY!!) got the next chapter up. Enjoy!

Chapter Two: Moonpaw

"Let all wolves old enough to hunt their own prey gather under Highrock for a pack meeting!" Father yowled. My pack mates gathered around him before he even finished yowling. Gossip had spread that Windpack was invading. I knew that was wrong because Mother was coming today. I couldn't wait, and neither could Darkpaw and Sunpaw.
"We have a very special guest today, and every one of you better treat her like you treat me. Or else. Any questions?" Father didn't even stop for an answer. "Good. Then you all will welcome Morninglight." At that moment there was a rustling noise as Mother came out of some bushes.
"Mother!" Sunpaw and I said in unison as we both ran to Mother and touched noses with her. Darkpup stayed behind, avoiding eye contact, like all my pack mates did.
Morninglight smiled. "Hello, you two." She said. "Did I miss your first hunt?"
Tigerstar leaped down from Highrock, avoiding all the bones scattered around. "No, not yet. Your just in time, because there is a hunt right now." As he spoke, a small group of maybe five wolves came towards us. Nightwing, along with Sunpaw and Darkpaw's mentors, was with them. "Tigerstar, can we hunt now?"
"Okay, lets go then!" He snapped as he walked Mother towards the entrance of camp. "Finally!" Darkpaw muttered. "We should be in front." He said as he ran off. Sunpaw and I followed. I noticed Tigerstar and Morninglight take the back of the small group.

--

After my siblings and I got back to camp, first, I should say, because Mother and Tigerstar were still in the forest, and they scared every thing away. I know because I could still hear them, and we didn't catch anything (except for a few hares) because they were shouting at each other the whole time. But of course Tigerstar yelled at everything else he saw. And whenever I call him 'Father', he gets all mad and insists I call him Tigerstar. So I do. Well what else am I supposed to do?

--

I hunted and trained with Nightwing for several moons after Mother visited. Tigerstar said in a few days I would be tested, then I would become a warrior! Tigerstar said that I couldn't choose my new name, that I would have to wait. I couldn't wait. Of course, since Darkpaw is a moon older, he would have his warrior name first. He said Tigerstar let him choose his own name, that he is destined to be ruler of the forest. I think that there should be five packs, not four or three. But my thoughts will have to wait.

--

It's been two days, and Tigerstar said I could be a warrior today! And that I don't have to be tested! That's great news to me. And Darkpaw will get his warrior name with Sunpaw and I. Suddently I heard Tigerstar announce the pack meeting. I ran out as fast as my legs would take me, and thats pretty fast. I am the fastest wolf in Shadowpack. Dawncloud interrupted my thoughts by nudging me again, like she did when I became an apprentice.
"I call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn. Moonpaw do you promise to follow the warrior code and defend this Clan, even at the cost of your life?"
"I do." I breathed.
"Then by the powers of Starpack I give you your warrior name. Moonpaw, from this day forth you will be known as Moontail. Shadowpack welcomes you as a full warrior."
I remember hearing my pack mates congratulate and yell my new name, but I just walked towards the middle of camp. Later on I remember Sunclaw joining me on my vigil, but Darkstream didn't come until later. That was one of the happiest day of my life.

Last edited by Secretive Sunclaw on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:10 am; edited 6 times in total
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:56 am

Chapter three: Moontail

It was dawn. I looked at Sunclaw, remembering she poked me whenever I almost fell asleep. I remember Nightwing showing me around the warriors' den and showing me where I would sleep, along with where Sunclaw and Darkstream.

Its been several moons now, and Sunclaw has been acting strange ever since she became a warrior. Every night, she snuck out, claiming she had to 'make dirt' outside of camp. I knew she was lying, so tonight, when she sneaks out at moonhigh, I will follow her. Her white pelt will stand out in the moonlit night. A paw poking my back interrupted my thoughts.
"Moontail, we have to go get Sunclaw. Fath- Tigerstar wants us. I think hes choosing the new deputy, in that case its going to be me. So don't get your hopes u-" Darkstream didn't get to finish his sentence because I was that furious.
"No, Darkstream. Get a life. Father isn't choosing one of us because there already is a deputy. So don't get your hopes up." I snapped. I walked out of the den, after making a comfortable bed for myself. I walked across the clearing and into the leader's den.
"Did you need something, Tigerstar?" I innocently asked.
"Where's your sister and Darkstream?" Father growled.
"Darkstream is, uh, finding Sunclaw. They'll be here shortly."
Sunclaw and Darkstream walked in.
Sunclaw took one look at Father and said, "What do you need?"
Father sighed. "The deputy, Longclaw, won't be deputy.. by sunrise. One of you will be the future deputy, I just don't know who. So I will randomly test you, and I'm going to shadow one of you. First it will be Darkstream, then Sunclaw, lastly Moontail. Remember, only one of you will be chosen based on the tests. Good luck." Tigerstar said as he turned away. Instantly Sunclaw was out the entrance. What's up with her? I thought as I walked out. I decided to get some sleep, so I went to the warriors' den. I circled my 'bed' and drifted off into sleep.

--

I woke up with a start. It was almost moonhigh, and Sunclaw's spot was warm. That was close! I almost missed her. I thought, stalking out of the den. I followed Sunclaw past the entrance and out into the pine forest, which was bursting with life. Sunclaw ran towards Riverclan border. Ha! I thought as Sunclaw stopped. I scented another wolf. I finally saw a brown pelt going towards her.
"Ray!" Sunclaw cried. What? He's kind of handsome, if you like that sort of thing.
"Sunclaw! What a surprise. Any news?" the wolf called 'Ray' asked.
"None yet."
"Look, I have to go. See you tomorrow?"
"You bet!"
'Ray' trotted towards me. I slipped into the bushes, praying my black pelt would camouflage. She's seeing another wolf! I have to tell Tigerstar! I shook my head at the thought. I can't tell on Sunclaw. I just can't. We've been for each other since we were pups. I'll just ask Sunclaw about it. Yes. Then she'll tell me its all just some.. misunderstanding. I thought. I was thinking so hard that I almost didn't realize Ray was headed straight towards me!
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakura Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:40 pm

Chapter four: A Moonhigh Romance

[color=darkblue]Sunclaw had already trotted back to camp, so I slipped back out of the bushes.
"Hello?" I watched Ray with my ice blue eyes, sure that they were visible.
"Who are you?"
"My name is Moon. I come in peace. What were you doing, Ray?"
Ray looked startled that I knew his name. "Well..." he looked unsure.
"Okay, fine. I already know anyways..." There was an awkward silence.
I realized he was staring at me. I blushed and backed up a few steps, tripping over my own feet. I gasped as I came crashing down. Ray instantly leaped forward, stopping my fall. I was so embarrassed, I was sure my fur was red with embarrassment. There was another awkward silence before he smiled, "Follow me." I nodded and followed him. The rest was history.

--

I didn't sleep that night, I just went back to camp. Life was a blur; I faintly remember going to my bed; remember laying down; remember Sunclaw drowning me in questions; remember denying anything and everything.

A few days later, twenty to be exact, I looked super-fat. I don't know what happened, it seemed it happened over night. I denied being pregnant for moons, until I finally slept in the nursery.

Another thirty-nine days later I was walking around camp, helping whenever i could. I was going to make dirt when extreme pain hit me. I immediatly fell over in pain, praying I would live. I dragged myself to the forest so no other wolf would see me like this...

-------
Last chapter, guys. Hope someone comments this one. I will be starting Sunclaw's story soon, probably today or tomarrow.
Sakura
Sakura
Pup

Back to top Go down

In The Paws Of Fate ~ Moontail's Story | Last chapter up | Empty story

Post  Red Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:44 pm

Very nice job it a good story i like it
Red
Red
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down